Friday, October 28, 2005

Blame Bush

The Chronicle editorial Saturday prompted me to go to the prediction I made before Katrina hit. In the jar I placed a small piece of paper, upon which I had written the anticipated Chronicle editorial response. I opened it yesterday, and found it was spot-on accurate. It read: "It's Bush's fault." To be honest, I must admit that I put the same piece of paper with the same prediction in the jar every time, and it has not been wrong yet.

I wonder if The Chronicle has someone with enough of a nose for news to go to the San Francisco City Hall and see if SF has a disaster preparedness plan, and check and see if the plan says to "do nothing, and then complain about Bush." Since San Francisco and New Orleans are both one-party towns, where there is no competition between competing philosophies and principles of municipal government (and where corruption and cronyism are expected and accepted), I expect that that is the situation. Wouldn't it be nice to find out before something bad hits the Bay Area?

No comments: