Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Liberals Squemish About Patriot Days


Under the category, It's Never Too Late, I belatedly ran across a blog post from almost a year ago that included a letter Alice wrote that SactoDan Blog featured.

He wrote: "Thankfully, there is some common sense in the area. Alice Combs of Gualala writes: "As I was walking between the marvelous Patriot Days exhibits I came upon a lady holding a sign that stated ''Make Peace- Not War''. I asked her if that meant she thought we should have made peace and allowed the Brits to rule us. She didn't answer the question and said that we took the Indian's land. I responded that some of the Indians were assisting the Brits, and again I asked her if she thought we should have made peace and allowed the Brits to rule us. She still wouldn't answer the question and said ''you figure it out''.

SactoDan concluded: "I figured it out. Peace and Love are great things, but sometimes you have to fight. Alice's question to the lady with the sign and her lack of an answer is a metaphor for the fact that there is nothing behind the sign."

No comments: